Saturday, January 14, 2012

This is really happening...Thailand here I come!

It is now Sunday morning  at 1:08 am, a little less than 24 hours before I board the plane for Bangkok, Thailand. I would normally be out on a Saturday night,  but I have procrastinated (a skill I am most amazing at) and  have  instead been downloading movies, booking  my ticket from Bangkok to Chang Mai, and doing laundry all night (oh yea, with a healthy portion of FREAKING THE EFF OUT  on the side). I think I am the only one who can go home for ten days and manage not to see ANY of my dads side of the family  annnd not get any of the things accomplished that I need for my trip. I have decided that I need the pressure to function.

The plan is that I will leave for Bangkok, Thailand around 12::30 am on Monday morning and arrive in Bangkok around 11:00am (Thai time) on Tuesday morning...yes a WHOLE day of flying! From there I will have time to go through customs and then get on a 3:30 pm flight to Chang Mai, Thailand where I will meet my friend dani at a local hostel. I am very very excited to see dani and her friend and hear all about their trip so far. They will spend about ten days with me then they are going to be heading back home and I will be continuing on by myself for about 20 days before heading to Australia.

There are so many emotions going through my head right now.  Much of me  is questioning whether or not this whole thing is even a good idea after all. I mean, I could have dealt with my need for adventure by just moving to San Diego right away; a  much safer choice. Mostly I think it is my nerves talking. I know deep down that I am going to have an amazing time, but I never realized how VERY scared I was going to be when it came down to me getting on that plane and coming to terms with (or maybe not coming to terms with) the fact that for the next however many months, I will be mostly alone. I will have to figure out routes of travel for myself, eat meals alone, be concerned for my own safety at all times in foreign countries... However, part of me does know, since I have traveled before, the hostel hospitality and that it will be very easy to meet  people (maybe even temporary travel partners).

I feel that I have talked so much about being scared, I should talk about how  excited I am too. Honestly, behind all this fear my excitement for this trip is phenomenal! I am so excited for how this trip is going to allow me to grow as  a person, for the many new experiences that I am going to have, and for the new part of myself that I will bring home with me to the people I love. 

My goals for this trip:
1. To learn to love and know myself inside and out so that I can be able to be completely  ready and open to love someone else. 
2. To learn as much as I can about every person and culture I meet.
3. To be outgoing and break out of my shell.
4. To have fun!! 

And of  course to be safe :)

SEE YOU IN THAILAND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment