Monday, October 3, 2011

Getting Settled

It is my third day staying at Kammy's place and things are going great! At least I think so. The first couple of days she still had her friend staying with her, which made things pretty cramped (2 cats, 2 dogs, 3 humans, and 2 pieces of luggage). During this time I just mostly stayed out of the house and just came here to sleep and Kam did the same. After Nakoma left yesterday morning, I got to work cleaning and putting my things away. Although this was a lot of help to my sanity, I was mostly doing it for Kammy's sake. I know that coming into her space and bringing my two cats is not going to be easy, so I am really determined to do my best to make it as smooth as possible. After everything (what little things I have kept) found a place and the house was vacuumed and swept, it looked great!

Kam has really been so amazing to me, I am so grateful. Throughout this whole thing she has never expressed any emotion except excitement and I have felt so welcome. She has even cleaned out a drawer for me! Honestly, I have a really good feeling about all of this. I know that the ex-girlfriend factor has the potential to make things difficult, but I really want to do everything I can to not let it be any kind of issue. We did already have one awkward moment when I came home and her and the girl she is currently seeing were here. This wouldn't be awkward if I had not already made a bit of a fool of myself when I met her for the first time at the bar about a month ago (after maybe one too many). So I definitely need to work on breaking down the wall of awkwardness that I have created. I am glad to see Kammy happy and I definitely don't want to ruin anything for her by being in the way.

And the animal...they are SO CUTE! I was a little afraid that it would be a little like a zoo in here, but the animals are all so chill and they get along! It is like they have always lived together (they did live together for a year and a half, but it has been 4 years since then). It is also so nice to wake up in the morning and walk the dogs. They get me up around 8 and I thought I might be annoyed, but it's a great way to start my day and then I have so much more time to get things done.


                             I mean who wouldn't want to come home to these cute dogs!

The way I really know that I am happy is that I want and love my cats to be all around me. Towards the end of my moving process, I found myself getting so annoyed with Search and Destroy. It was out of stress and anxiety about the future and the huge changes I was beginning to make. I am still making a lot of changes, but I am much more relaxed and happy and now I am able to better take care of the animals and I absolutely love having them around.

I hope things continue in this positive direction! Now, as for my homework assignment...the first country I am going to research and prepare for is Thailand. This is where I think I am going to start my journey. My coworker and friend Dani and her friend are leaving for Thailand in November, so they will already be there (as long as they haven't run out of money yet) and I am planning on meeting them where ever they are at the time. Tomorrow I will post with some new and interesting information on my findings of Thailand. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment