Saturday, October 1, 2011

Let the new chapter begin

It has been almost a month since I have updated and in that month I have been though so many changes and so many emotions with this move. I moved out of my apartment yesterday and into my ex girlfriends studio apartment with my two cats (and her two dogs). Whenever I tell people where I am living or write it down, it sounds a little crazy. However, I have this weird, calm, assured, feeling that everything is going to work out and that we are going to live really well together for the next month.

I have to admit that it has been really difficult coping with the realization that I no longer will have a place to call my own, and with the fact that I had to go through all of my belongings that I have acquired the last 7 years of living in Seattle and get rid of almost everything. However, at the same time, I feel (as of today) incredibly free. I am finally able to rid myself of the responsibilities of packing and moving that have bogged me down for the last month and I am finally feeling myself getting super excited for my big trip. It feels great!

My plans now are to really begin the planning process of my trip. I still have two (maybe 3 jobs) and school to occupy most of my time. But, even with all of that, I still feel that I will be in a better emotional space that I will be able to start really preparing for all that is two come when I get on that plane to Southeast Asia in three months. I am going to give myself the homework assignment to make plans for one country each week. My up-in-the-air plan is to visit twelve countries in twelve months. With 3 months until I leave, if I do my homework I will have my trip totally planned out (well at least the highlights, must sees, and times to go) by the time I leave! Southeast Asia here I come! This is really happening now. No turning back...

No comments:

Post a Comment