Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Two months and counting!

Almost a month has gone by since I have been "couch hopping" and I think that, so far, things are going really well. I can't believe how fast October has flown by! I have been really happy staying at Kammy's. We don't see each other much since we both have very crazy schedules and she spends most nights at her girlfriend's house. However, when we are able to catch each other it has been really nice. We spent the other night drinking wine, smoking hookah, watching shows, and catching up. I actually really like having her as a roommate and although it is great feeling like I have a studio apartment to myself, I definitely wish that she was around more often. But, alas, it is the 26th of October, which means it is past time for me to have figured out a plan for my living situation for next month. Kammy has offered me her place on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. This way she will also be able to have her alone time in her own apartment, yet still help me out. Tuesday nights (since I usually go to the rose for taco Tuesday after work) I am hoping to be able to stay with my friend Jay on capitol hill (I still need to let her in on my plan). That leaves Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, which I am hoping to stay downtown with Maritza (I also have to still talk to her about this plan). This way we can test it out and see if she will be ok with having me around before she commits to a full month in December. In writing this, I am realizing that I should probably talk to them both about this tonight before it is too late and it's November already!

I have not done anymore preparing for my trip than the last time that I wrote, besides looking into buying a ticket. I want to buy my ticket by this weekend so that it can all be set in stone with no option to turn back. At first when I looked up a ticket to go from Thailand to Australia. The cheapest ticket I could find was 600 dollars! This put a definite damper on my plans and I questioned whether or not I wanted to put in that extra cost just to be able to see my Australian friends. My answer was immediately "yes". However, I wanted to check out other options to getting there before committing to the price. Since I have to also travel to Connecticut, I decided looking up a multi-city ticket would be a smart thing to do. When I did this, I was over joyed with what I found.

I found a multi-city ticket:

Seattle to New York/ New York to Bangkok/ Bangkok to Melbourne  for $1700!  

This price was through kayak.com Then I checked cheapflights.com and found the same flight for $1550!
It took everything in me to not purchase the ticket right away! But, I stopped myself so that I could keep looking and see if I can find anything better. So far, it is the best I can find and by this weekend if it still is the cheapest, I am purchasing it. I can't wait to have a physical ticket to make my trip that is just a "dream" as of now become a reality! It is crazy to think that in just two short months I will be getting off a plane in Thailand and beginning a journey that will change my life forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment