Wednesday, October 19, 2011

slightly behind schedule

It is now the beginning of the third week of October and according to my "schedule" I should be planning my third country. I know myself, and I knew that that would never be the case, since I am so last minute. However, I am not only a little behind. I am still planning my route! It is not totally my love of procrastination at fault here.



What you see above is 4 different itineraries. I began by finding out the best times to travel to which places (this took three rough drafts). When I did this, I came up with the perfect itinerary! I began in Thailand in January to meet my friend Dani from work. Then after that I was going to head backwards to India then travel east, spending a month in every country until I reached Australia in October. I was then going to stay in Australia with "my Aussies" for the whole month of October and the first week of November so that I could spend my birthday (November 3rd) partying it up with people I knew and in an area I know that I can be myself in. (By this I do mean an area that I can be gay in and spend time with the queer community-which I really feel I am going to have difficulty with for most of the time I will be traveling). In this plan, I would be in every country in the best months to visit and would miss all of the bad weather patterns...I was set!

Then I emailed my friends in Australia (Warren and Dave) and told them my plans. They also have traveling spirits like mine and they told me that they are only going to be in Australia from January until the end of March and then they are traveling throughout Europe. This changes all of my plans, but it will be worth it. There is no sense in knowing people in different countries if they are not going to be there when you visit! So that brings me to my latest plan. It's a bit of a skip around and it is going to be a bit more expensive, but it is going to be totally worth it. So, in the past 2 weeks I have at least come up with an itinerary that I think is at least going to be close to the final draft:

January- Thailand (Dani)
February- Australia (Warren and Dave)
March- New Zealand
April- New Zealand (they say that you need at least 2 months in this most amazing country to see even the smallest bit of it)
May- Philippians
June- Indonesia
July- Malaysia
August- Vietnam
September-India (will have to fast forward then backtrack to avoid bad weather)
October- Myanmar
November- Cambodia
December- Laos

Move to San Diego in January!

So this is the rough plan. I am sure that it is going to change depending on places that I like a lot and want to stay longer and places I run into bad weather. At the very least, I have the first two to three months planned and will know people for the first two months of traveling and that sets me at ease.

I also have a lot of personal and in the moment things that I would love to also talk about, but I am tired and working a double tomorrow so I will leave that all for another day...goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment